Jeff Curran. Photo property of World Extreme Cagefighting.
Following the cancellation of his scheduled main event bout at XFO 25 this past weekend, IFL veteran Bart Palaszewski has reportedly signed a multi-fight contract with World Extreme Cagefighting.
Palaszewski confirmed the six-fight deal with MMA Weekly over the weekend. He is expected to make his debut in the promotion’s lightweight division at an event later this year.
“I’m in shape and ready to fight,” Palaszewski said in the article. “If they need a 155-pounder for the Sept. 10 show, I’m down. I’m getting married in November, so nothing can happen in November. So it’d have to be in December, September or October. I’m not sure what’s going on, if they have a show planned after Sept. 10, so I’ll just take it day-by-day for now.”
Along with many of other his fellow employees, Palaszewski was released from his IFL contract last month, paving the way for him to become a free agent. He has struggled as of late. A promising start in the IFL eventually led to a three-fight losing steak, which Palaszewski snapped with a win over UFC veteran Jeff Cox at Adrenaline’s inaugural show in June. As was previously mentioned, his scheduled bout against Eric Wisely this past weekend was scrapped after Wisely failed pre-fight blood tests.
In related news, Palaszewski’s coach and training partner, former WEC featherweight title challenger Jeff Curran, has announced his intention to move down to the WEC’s bantamweight division. The move was likely made to cater to Curran’s size and to hopefully snap a current two-fight losing streak for the veteran.
Curran reportedly made the announcement, along with confirming Palaszewski’s new destination, at the grand opening of his new gym in Crystal Lake, Illniois over the weekend according to Sherdog.com.
“I think that the fast pace [at 135 lbs] and the real high technical level is a great fit for me,” Curran said in Sherdog’s report. “The talent pool in that division is sick.”