Brad “Bad” Blackburn. Photo property of the Ultimate Fighting Championship.
- Dennis “Superman” Hallman is set to begin his fourth stint with the Ultimate Fighting Championship. According to reports, Hallman has signed a four-fight contract with the UFC but no opponent or date his been set. [MMA Junkie]
- International Fight League veteran Brad Blackburn signed a new four-fight contract with the UFC. Blackburn is 3-0 in the UFC with victories over James Giboo, Ryo Chonan, and Edgar Garcia. Blackburn recently underwent shoulder surgery and will not return to the octagon until 2010. [MMA Junkie]
- Chris “Lights Out” Lytle has been forced to withdraw from his bout with Carlos Condit at UFC Fight Night 19 after tearing his ACL. No replacement for Lytle has been announced at this time. [MMAWeekly.com]
- Matt Veach has suffered an injury forcing him to withdraw from his upcoming bout with Evan Dunham at UFC 102 in Portland, Oregon. American Top Team’s Marcus Aurelio will be returning to the octagon to serve as Veach’s replacement. [MMAWeekly.com]
- This Saturday the UFC will counter-program Strikeforce: Carano vs. Cyborg by airing bouts from UFC 100: Making History. The show will feature Brock Lesnar vs. Frank Mir, Dan Henderson vs. Michael Bisping, Alan Belcher vs. Yoshihiro Akiyama, Shannon Gugerty vs. Matt Grice, Jon Jones vs. Jake O’Brien, and Mark Coleman vs. Stephan Bonnar.
Previous entry: Chicago Comic-Con Q&A With Andrei Arlovski