Quick Hits: Belfort Reportedly Added to Bitetti Combat Card, Monson Pleads Guilty & More


Vitor Belfort. Photo by Tracy Lee/CombatLifestyle.com

— Former UFC light heavyweight champion Vitor Belfort has reportedly been added to a star-studded card being put on by Bitetti Combat on September 12 in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Belfort is said to be facing Europe Top Team’s Moise Rimbon, despite repeated rumors that he is all but set to be joining the UFC following last week’s demise of Affliction Entertainment. [JB Online via Bloody Elbow]

— One-time UFC heavyweight title challenger Jeff Monson pleaded guilty to malicious mischief in Washington court today after being caught spray-painting an anarchist symbol on the Washington state Capitol in an ESPN the Magazine photo earlier this year. Monson faces a potential 90-day jail sentence, a $21,894 fine, and the loss of his passport, which will now prevent from traveling overseas to fight in the near future. [Cagewriter]

— UFC Hall-of-Famer Mark Coleman has revealed that he believes rising light heavyweight prospect Jon Jones could be his next opponent. “The name of 21-year-old Jon Jones has been popping up quite a bit,” Coleman told UWeekly.com. “I’ve been getting Chuck Liddell and Tito Ortiz, but at the same time, I’ve been hearing that it could be Jon Jones.” [UWeekly.com via the UG]

— A bantamweight matchup pitting Charlie Valencia against Coty Wheeler has reportedly been added to WEC 43, which will take place on September 2 at the Covelli Centre in Youngstown, Ohio. Bout agreements have apparently been distributed and signed. Valencia last won a unanimous decision over Seth Dikun at WEC 38 while Wheeler returns to the WEC after winning three straight fights in smaller promotions. [MMA Junkie]

Comments

<< Back to main