Ryan was a famed sportscaster and the co-founder of MMA Weekly. On May 31, 2006, Ryan and his entire family were in a car accident in Fillmore, Utah. Ryan was killed. The Ryan Bennett Memorial Fund was created by a bunch of Ryan’s friends to help his family and to remember the memory of Ryan himself.
The items that are currently being auctioned off at this time are:
- A signed and numbered line of custom made Chuck Liddell prints created by Scott Blair, Evan Shoman, Justin McAllister, and Matthew Kaplowitz.
- An autographed Randy Couture Allen & Ginter style trading card.
- Carlos Condit’s shorts from his recent title defense against Brock Larson, signed by Condit himself.
- An autographed shirt from UFC 74 signed by Clay Guida.
- An autographed shirt from UFC 74 signed by David Heath.
- Patrick Cote’s gloves signed and worn in his victory over Kendall Grove at UFC 74.
- Kendall Grove’s shorts from UFC 74 signed by Grove himself.
Any fighters that would be interesting in donating to the memorial auction can contact Randy at firstname.lastname@example.org. Any fans out there that would be interested in bidding on an item from their favorite fighter can contact Randy as well as he will attempt to get an item from that fighter.
Those fighters that are indeed interested in donating items can mail them to this address:
Ryan Bennett Charity Auction
PO Box 1363
Pinellas Park, FL 33780
You can also make a donation on behalf of the Bennett Family through the official site of the fund as well.
Please remember that all proceeds from the auctions go directly to the Ryan Bennett Family Fund. Also remember to check out the Ryan Bennett Myspace Memorial and the official site of the Ryan Bennett Memorial Fund.
As always everyone here at MMA on Tap would like to send our best wishes to the Bennett family.
Next entry: From The Mailbag: Aug 31, 2007
Previous entry: Lister Planning Return at UFC 79; Joins Xtreme Couture