K-1 - THE WORLD’S MOST EXCITING AND PRESTIGIOUS MARTIAL ARTS FIGHTING SPORT IS RISING - WITH MORE THAN TWO MILLION DOLLARS IN PRIZE MONEY IN 2012.
Today, the new "K-1 Production team" announces the rise of K-1, offering millions of devoted fans and new audiences, an established world-class brand of combat.
A wide array of the world’s best stand up fighters, square off face to face, bringing together their own techniques born from Karate, Kickboxing, Muay Thai, Taekwondo, San Shou, and other martial arts. Few other sports share the global interest, elaborate the showmanship and the popularity of K-1, along with the deep spirituality and ritualism practiced over centuries by millions of martial artists.
WHERE AND WHEN:
Seven major, worldwide K-1 heavyweight (K-1 World GP) and K-1 middleweight (K-1World MAX) events are planned for 2012, where the world’s top warriors will battle in a survival series of explosive, three-round, single-elimination fights.
• May 27th - K-1 officially rises with a spectacular K-1 Tournament and Celebration at the Palacio Vista Aletre in Madrid, Spain, as we begin the search for the world’s best fighters.
• June-October - Tournaments span the globe with events in the US, Europe and Asia.
• Early September – US Regional Tournament takes place in Los Angeles.
• Later October – The K-1 World GP Final16 takes place in Asia.
• November - The K-1 World MAX Final takes place in Asia, with a $300,000 Grand Prize (total prize money for MAX: $500,000).
• December - The K-1 World GP Final in New York City, with a ONE MILLION DOLLAR grand prize (total prize money for WGP: $1,500,000).
Since 31st January 2012, K-1 Global Holdings Limited has been working to rebuild the K-1 brand, by bringing together a wide array of world-class fighters, top global venues, sponsors and broadcasters, and assembling a global organization and management team.
Over the next few weeks, K-1production team will be releasing full details of each event in 2012, including locations around the world, venues and participating fighters.