Ryan Jensen. Photo property of the Ultimate Fighting Championship.
Longtime veteran Jeremy Horn has reportedly been forced to withdraw from his scheduled bout against Wilson Gouveia at UFC Fight Night 15 on September 17. He is expected to be replaced by Ryan Jensen according to MMA Junkie.
A recent visit to the doctor showed that Horn had suffered multiple torn ligaments and tendons in his wrist. He won’t require surgery but will now be sidelined indefinitely.
“The doctor said the wrist is just one of those things that sometimes a break is actually easier because you fix it and cast it and let it heal,” Horn said in the report.
“But with sprains and tears and stuff like that, there’s nothing you can really do with except try and stay off of it and let it heal. I’m hoping [I’ll return to the UFC]. I’m just going to keep training as much as I can around my hand. Hopefully they’ll have somebody get hurt and fall out in a future show again and I’ll be ready to go.”
Since being released from the UFC in fall of last year, Jensen has won two out of his last three fights in smaller shows, most recently earning a first-round TKO of Aaron Praschak at Victory Fighting Championships on July 26. Jensen went 0-2 in his stint with the UFC, suffering consecutive submissions losses to Thales Leites and Demian Maia.
Next entry: MacDonald Plans to Wear Lambert Down
Previous entry: Kampmann, Marquardt Discuss UFC 88 Bout