EliteXC Attendance and Salaries, Affliction’s PPV Affirmation


Photo by Esther Lin/EliteXC.

The California State Athletic Commission has released attendance figures and salaries from Saturday night’s EliteXC show.

First, the salaries:

Robbie Lawler: $90,000 ($45,000 + $45,000 win)
Scott Smith: $14,000
Jake Shields: $45,000 ($35,000 + $10,000 win)
Nick Thompson: $25,000
Antonio Silva: $200,000 ($100,000 + $100,000 win)
Justin Eilers: $20,000
Nick Diaz: $60,000
Thomas Denny: $8,500
Shayna Baszler: $8,000
Cristiane Cyborg: $6,000 ($3,000 + $3,000 win)
Rafael Feijao: $20,000 ($10,000 + $10,000 win)
Travis Galbraith: $5,000
Wilson Reis: $5,000 ($2,500 + $2,500 win)
Bryan Caraway: $2,000
Mike Cook: $2,000
Carl Seumanutafa: $4,000 ($2,000 + $2,000 win)
Brandon Tarn: $2,000
Drew Montgomery: $3,000 ($1,500 + $1,500 win)
David Douglas: $4,000 ($2,500 + $1,500 win)
Marlon Mathias: $2,500
Jeremy Freitag: $2,500
Anthony Ruiz: $5,001 ($2,001 + $3,000 win)

Total: $533,501

How they did at the gate:

 

According to the report, a total number of tickets printed were 8, 541, and of those tickets available, only 3,701 were sold to attendees while another 2,817 were given away as complimentary tickets.

The total number of fans in attendance for the Elite XC show in Stockton was 6,518.

The final live gate for the event was $268,715, which is still less than the face value amount of money put into the tickets given away as complimentary which totaled out at $340,960.

Little analysis needs to be done there, it’s simply not good.

Sticking with the numbers theme, Affliction vice president, Tom Atencio, is sticking with his PPV buys estimate:

“We did well over 100,000,” Atencio said. “At this point, we did well over, but I don’t want to give the exact numbers.”

Atencio also confirms that his company did buy a large portion of tickets that contributed to its bottom line. But he claims 90 to 95 percent of them were sold. He says $2.1 million in gate revenue is accurate.

Calculating a conservative number of 100,000 pay per view buys, it translates to $4 million in event revenue. Traditional pay per view deals give 40 percent of the revenue to the promoter, while the cable companies and middlemen take the remaining 60 percent.

Related:

Affliction’s PPV Buys May Surprise Some
Measuring the Success of Affliction

Comments

<< Back to main