News and Notes
- We will have an updated MMA on Tap Top 10 coming up later on today…
- Our rumors section has been updated…
- WEC welterweight contender John Alessio has told The Fight Network that he most likely will not be fighting until February:
World Extreme Cagefighting welterweight contender John Alessio (20-10-0) won’t be lighting up the cage anytime soon, he tells The Fight Network.
“It’ll be early in the new year,” Alessio says. “They have a December show, then I’ll probably be fighting in the show in February.”
The WEC has events tentatively scheduled for Nov. 9 and Dec. 12, and Alessio was told both rosters are already full.
- MMA Junkie is reporting that Martin Kampmann recently underwent a successful second surgery on his injured right knee and is planning a return to the Octagon for March or April of next year.
- UFC Wired will begin airing on October 6th. A little description of the show courtesy of the UFC:
UFC WiRED is a hard-hitting one-hour journey back in time featuring some of the greatest bouts ever held in the Ultimate Fighting Championship’s infamous Octagon. Each week, host Joe Rogan will give his unique perspective on UFC fights featuring today’s top mixed martial artists, plus fighters from years past.
Sounds like a shorter version of UFC Unleashed.