News and Notes
- Tony Loiseleur of Sherdog sat down for an awesome three-page interview with PRIDE Lightweight Champion Takanori Gomi. Be sure to check it out.
- Sherdog is also reporting that Hector Lombard may still have a chance to fight at UFC 78 after all:
On Monday, the fighter’s American representatives told Sherdog.com that in spite of Lombard’s difficulties they remain hopeful he will be granted a P1 visa, which is available to athletes and entertainers coming to the U.S. to participate in internationally recognized events for a U.S. employer.
- The Fight Network is reporting that the IFL has signed Jay Hieron to a contract extension:
Welterweight contender Jay Hieron confirmed today he has re-signed with the International Fight League through the completion of its 2008 campaign. A product of Xtreme Couture in Las Vegas, Hieron holds four victories in six fights with the promotion.
- Dave Meltzer of Wrestling Observer fame has left FOX Sports for Yahoo! Sports...
- I hate to force publicity out there but a few members of the gym I train out of as well as other members of Team Balance will be competing in grappling matches at the 40th Anniversary of Sports at the Spectrum. The event will be held on October 19th at 7:00 PM at the Wachovia Spectrum of course. Former UFC Heavyweight Champion Andrei Arlovski is set to be a guest at the event.
MMA News has more on the event...
- Adam Morgan looks back on Chris Horodecki’s fall through the ropes during his fight with Bart Palaszewski earlier this year.
Previous entry: Nick Diaz Out, Dennis Hallman In