News and Notes
- Be sure to check out our latest edition of ‘Rock the Vote’.
- Sherdog is reporting that Jason “Mayhem” Miller is now a free agent and is ready to explore his options.
Jason “Mayhem” Miller is free to fight for any organization that will have him, the middleweight confirmed through his management Wednesday.
Having fought most recently in the Zuffa-operated World Extreme Cagefighting, Miller said he would “explore other avenues.”
- GracieMag.com is reporting that Ricardo Almeida has signed a six fight deal with the UFC.
- Yesterday the UFC officially announced that Matt Serra will defend his UFC welterweight title against Matt Hughes at UFC 79: Nemesis.
- The Fight Network is reporting that Jessie “Joker” Liaudin is in talks with the UFC to face Marcus Davis at UFC 80 in Newcastle, England.
UFC 80 is scheduled to touch down at the Metro Radio Arena in Newcastle, England, a northern city with a population of only 260,000, but well known throughout the country for its vibrant nightlife and personality. The 11,000-seat Metro arena is a choice venue, as it has hosted numerous World Wrestling Entertainment events and will likely attract an MMA-savvy audience.
On the roster, French welterweight Jess “Joker” Liaudin (12-8) is in talks to face Bangor, Maine’s Marcus Davis (13-3), fresh off a come-from-behind victory over Walsall, England’s Paul Taylor (8-2) at Sept. 8’s UFC 75 in London, England. Contracts for this bout are pending.
Sherdog: Sympathy for the Giant
Sherdog: MacDonald’s Plan Against Okami: Push the Pace
MMAWeekly: Brandon Vera: “Believe What You See”
The Fight Network: Fedor Back in February
UFC: Stephan Bonnar – Back on TV and Back in Business
Next entry: Minotauro Discusses Couture’s Resignation
Previous entry: Report: Silva Yet to Arrive in Cincy