News and Notes
- Our rumors section has been updated.
- Check back later this morning for an extensive interview with MMA veteran Joe Camacho…
- The UFC has officially announced three more bouts for UFC 80: Rapid Fire in January, including Jason Lambert’s return to the Octagon against Wilson Gouveia.
The two were originally slated to fight at UFC 76 but Gouveia was forced to pull out of the fight after suffering a broken nose during training.
- K-1 Hero’s veteran Andre Dida has revealed that he will be leaving Chute Boxe to MMA Weekly:
“My brother (Mauricio ‘Veio’) lives in Canada and he has some contacts and some of his contacts made me an offer to teach mixed martial arts and Muay Thai in Canada,” said Dida. “It’s a very good offer and I cannot deny an opportunity like that. I have talked with Master Rafael Cordeiro and I’ve never seen him so sad with anything. He was disappointed with the news. I consider him as a father, but I have to leave.”
- Gray Maynard will take on Dennis Siver at UFC Fight Night 12 according to MMA Junkie.
Maynard was originally supposed to fight Matt Grice but Grice opted to decline the fight because of police training requirements. (You can read Grice’s entire explanation in the comments portion of MMA Junkie’s post.)
- Joe Riggs will take on Mike Gates at KOTC: Avalanche on December 15th at the Moncton Coliseum in Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada according to The Fight Network.
- The California State Athletic Commission has announced that Alexander Crispim has tested positive for Desoxymethyltestosterone, an anabolic steroid, following post-fight testing for Strikeforce: Four Men Enter, One Man Survives. Crispm has been suspended for one year and fined $2,500.