News and Notes
- Nate Diaz and Manny Gambaryan were victorious on last night’s episode of The Ultimate Fighter 5. Diaz submitted Corey Hill with a triangle choke three minutes into the first round and Gambaryan pulled off a hard fought unanimous decision win over Matt Wiman. Diaz and Gambaryan now join Joe Lauzon and Gray Maynard in the semifinals.
- Josh Koscheck discussed his hacked MySpace account and the series of phone calls he had with Dana White with UFC Junkie after a bulletin posted by Koscheck’s account ranted on about UFC fighters not getting paid enough and made suggestions of forming a union between fighters.
- A New Mexico TV station is reporting that Diego Sanchez’s next fight will take place at UFC 74, possibly against top ranked lightweight Hayato Sakurai.
- Former boxing heavyweight champion Tommy Morrison makes his MMA debut this Saturday night at WFC: Rumble in the Red Rocks against John Stover…
- Just a quick reminder to check out the items that are currently up for auction by the Ryan Bennett Memorial Fund. The items currently available include autographed shirts by Chris Leben and Houston Alexander, an original UFC 7 poster with Ken Shamrock and Oleg Taktarov, Din Thomas’ autographed and UFC 71 worn gloves, a Poison tour used CC Deville autographed guitar, and Cole Escovedo’s WEC Featherweight Title belt autographed by the champ himself.
Video of the Day
EFC 18: Bike Week Beatdown
Total Combat 21
Combat in the Cage: Conquest
WFC: Rumble In The Red Rocks
NAAFS: Fight Night in the Flats III
Live Shows -
Previous entry: Griffin Discusses Jardine Loss, Ramirez Matchup, and Health