News and Notes
- The updated MMA on Tap Top 10 will be posted later today…
- Steve Bruno has been taken off the card for June 12’s UFC Fight Night 10 after sustaining an injury during a practice session last Friday. A replacement opponent for Chad Reiner, whom Bruno was slated to face, has not yet been announced.
- Nevada State Athletic Commission Executive Director Keith Kizer shot down heavy rumors regarding the possibility that the NSAC denied Frank Mir the opportunity to take on Tim Sylvia at UFC 74. In fact, the bout was never even taken to the commission in the first place. That doesn’t mean that the bout would still be approved however based on what Kizer stated earlier today in an email sent to various MMA media outlets:
That fight has not been presented to me, and thus no ‘denial’ has been made. I was asked about the match-up by a reporter and said I would have a hard time approving that fight unless I see a quality win from Mr. Mir first. However, I will keep an open mind.
- Former UFC Light Heavyweight Champion Chuck Liddell will be on Late Night with David Letterman this Thursday on CBS…
- The Fight Network is reporting that the six fighters who were tested for performance enhancing drugs after UFC 71 all passed with flying colors:
The Nevada State Athletic Commission announced Friday that six fighters – Chuck Liddell, Quinton Jackson, Karo Parisyan, Josh Burkman, Alan Belcher and Sean Salmon – tested negative for steroids and stimulants prior to May 26’s UFC 71. Drugs of abuse tests results are still pending.
Video of the Day