News and Notes:
- Remember to vote on our current edition of ‘Rock the Vote’.
- In a recent interview UFC president Dana White confirmed that UFC 75 will be televised on Spike TV and Keith Jardine vs. Chuck Liddell will headline UFC 76 on September 22nd in Anahiem.
- MMA legend Royce Gracie has decided not to appeal the suspension handed down by the California State Athletic Commission after he tested positive for an anabolic agent during his post-fight drug test at K-1 Dynamite!! USA.
- Chris Guillen will replace the injured Wes Sims at the first ever Global FC event August 17 at Mohegan Sun Arena. Guillen, who recently defeated Sims for the second time, will be facing UFC veteran Jeff “The Snowman” Monson for the Global Fighting Championships heavyweight title.
- GracieFighter.com is reporting that Nate Diaz will be fighting at UFC Fight Night 11.
After winning the TUF Finale, Nathan Diaz will now be returning to the UFC. He is slated to fight on the 19th of September at the Palms in Las Vegas, Nevada. His opponent has not yet been named, however we should have an official confirmation sometime next week.
Next entry: Armando Garcia Talks Drugs in MMA
Previous entry: Liddell vs Jardine Confirmed for UFC 76