News and Notes
- Caol Uno will make his return to the octagon March 3rd at UFC 68 in Ohio. Uno’s opponent will be lightweight contender and ‘The Ultimate Fighter II’ winner Joe Stevenson.
- MMAWeekly has Dan Lauzon, Matt Wiman and Nathan Diaz listed as fighters on the upcoming season of ‘The Ultimate Fighter 5’.
- The IFL has announced that the fight between Vernon White and Raphael Davis has been cancelled because it was not approved by the California State Athletic Commission.
The reasoning behind the decision was that the difference in experience between the two fighters gave one an unfair advantage over another and therfore the bout could be sanctioned. The CSAC is right - White has fought in more than 50 bouts while this would have just been Davis’ third career fight.
This now means that there will be no light-heavyweight fight in tomorrow’s matchup between the Nevada Lions and the San Jose Razorclaws. A second lightweight fight between Joe Martin and Clint Coronel will take place of this one.
- The California State Athletic Commission announced yesterday that MMA promotions seeking to put on a sanctioned event in the state now have the option of using a cage or a ring. The IFL’s event on Friday night will be the first time that a ring will be used in for MMA competition in California’s history…
- Jeff Monson will make his return to the UK at Cage Warriors: Showdown 3, defending his heavyweight belt against an opponent that has yet to be named. However many are speculating that Monson will be taking on Mario Neto in his third title defense.
Monson’s fight with Fedor on the March 3rd Bodog card has been cancelled. The bout has not yet been rescheduled although it is expected they will just move the fight to Bodog’s April event without a problem…
Previous entry: IFL Announces Reno Event on June 16