News and Notes
- Our rumors section has been updated…
- We’ve been getting hammered with emails asking when our Top 10 is going to be updated. Guess what? Today bitches!
- Various outlets are reporting that Mirko Cro Cop didn’t suffer any broken bones after getting knocked out by Gabriel Gonzaga at Saturday’s UFC 70. Cro Cop apparently told reporters overseas that only sustained ligament damage.
- The Fight Network is reporting that Jason MacDonald may take on Rory Singer at UFC 72 via their weekly “The Great Fight North” report:
Jason MacDonald has informed The Fight Network that he’ll be returning to the Octagon June 16 at UFC 72 “Victory” in Belfast, Northern Ireland, but did not name his opponent.
UFC Matchmaker Joe Silva announced Saturday after the promotion’s UFC 70 “Nations Collide” event in Manchester, England that MacDonald (18-8-0) may fight Rory Singer (12-6-0), who appeared on the third season of “The Ultimate Fighter,” but that the contracts had not been signed yet.
MacDonald previously defeated TUF alumnus Ed Herman and Chris Leben before losing to former middleweight champion Rich Franklin at UFC 68 last March.
Should MacDonald defeat Singer, the victory could further cement the Albertan’s claim to being the “TUF Killer.”
- Tickets to the TUF 5 finale are now on sale. The event takes place pn June 23 at The Palms Resort & Casino in Las Vegas.