Marvin Eastman (184) vs. Rob Kimmons (185)
Chris Guillen (238) vs. Wes Sims (244)
Eric Payne (146) vs. Brandon Shelton (145)
Joey Gorczynski (171) vs. Joe Cronin (170)
Chilo Gonzalez (185) vs. Dan Molina (183)
Zac George (155) vs. Ryan Roberts (155)
Tony Barker (170) vs. Tyler Stinson (170)
Lee Gibson (155) vs. Taloen Hofman (155)
Bao Quach (145) vs. Del Hawkins (145)
Kelly Gray (234) vs. James Funny (226)
The Global Fighting Championships has officially announced the matchups set to take place on their inaugural event scheduled for August 17th at the Mohegan Sun Arena.
Wes “The Whole Show” Sims vs. Jeff Monson
Edwin Dewees vs. Mavrick Harvey
Mark Kerr vs. Sean O’Haire
Butterbean vs. Stefan Gamlin
Chaz Ackles vs. Elias Rivera
Andrey Nevsky vs. Greg Mucci
Darryl MarcAurele vs. Frank El Soldato Latina
Nuri Shakir vs. Travis Lerchen
Depending on the outcomes of their respective fights, one would assume that Wes Sims and Mark Kerr will likely collide on a future Global FC card. Kerr was originally scheduled to make his MMA comeback against Wes Sims in the American Championship Fighting (ACF) on May 6th, 2006 however hours before the bout Kerr pulled out with an apparent hand injury.
Last night UFC veteran Wes “The Whole Show” Sims graced the airwaves of MMAWeekly’s Sound Off Radio to pay tribute to his good friend and MMAWeekly founder Ryan Bennett. When asked about his relationship with Ryan, Wes said:
“Um I don’t really know what you call it, I mean I’ve been thinking all day, I’ve been pondering this over all day. What would Ryan think about “The Whole Show” and his antics here this past year and let me tell you what I’ve come to the conclusion of. Oh and hey keep your mouth shut Trigg. Anyways, I’d have to say he’d be disappointed and why? Because he’d be wanting a dropkick. He’d be wanting a dropkick and I’d be trying to push off that lame attempt out in California at that benefit. I’d try to push that off as a dropkick and he’d say “Wes, I’m not impressed, you weren’t committed. You really didn’t commit yourself to that.” So I’d have to say he’d be kind of disappointed. So I’m going to try to change some things so this might be the last time you hear from “The Whole Show” for a while. And like I said, shut it Trigg.”
They went on to ask Sims about fighting on the Ryan Bennett tribute show instead of fighting Bas Rutten in the WFA and he said:
”Hey I had to do what I had to do. And another thing, if you look at it, put it in fast-forward like I said money is overrated, you’ll always make some money. I’ll be making money long after the WFA is out of business. (laughs) Ohhh the WFA is out of business. Anyways I’m still making money and I had to do it, I gave my word and I felt it was something that had to be done.”
Going a little off topic Damon Martin decided to ask Sims about “The Hero” t-shirt which he had put up on Ebay. For those of you that aren’t familiar with the “Hero” t-shirt, check back to our story titled “Wes “The Hero” Sims Fighting Crime”.
”It’s sold and I’ll tell you something, the guy that bought it should really be arrested. I sold that thing for a whopping $26.”
That shirt is now on its way to the home of yours truly. While on the subject of Ebay, Sims stated he was going to give fans another opportunity to get piece of Wes Sims memorabilia.
“I’m going to give everybody a second last chance. I’m not going to sell the pants, I’ve got something better… Listen depending on which day you catch me and which story I tell you, this is the authentic Vietnam jacket worn by my father. Now he’s a hero too because if he wasn’t for him I wouldn’t be here today.”
Jeff Cain asks, “Were you conceived while he was wearing the jacket?”
Sims continues on, “Something like that, like I said depending on which day you catch me. I’ve told you the other story about the time when he rescued me out of the orphanage, dug me out of a pile of baby hands and feet, he leveled the place with a RPG and smuggled me back to the USA and people ask me what’s my heritage.
Anyways, this is the jacket my dad wore when he pulled me up out of that tiger cage where I was stuck neck deep in swamp water fending off river rats with my teeth. You can own it on ebay!”
Candid as always, Sims went on to taunt Frank Trigg in classic Sound Off fashion before closing out the interview with some kind words for The Bennett family.
Here are the full results from Art of War 2…
- Daniel Pinedo def. Warren Stewart - Submission (Rear Naked Choke)
- Justin Howard def. Tony Lozano - Submission (Kimura)
- Aaron Flournoy def. Jerrot Lewis - Submission (Rear Naked Choke)
- Edwin Figuora def. Whitney Brown - Submission (Rear Naked Choke)
- Matt Thompson def. Justin Wren - TKO
- Chris Bowles def. Randy Hauer - Submission (Rear Naked Choke)
- Damien Stelly def. Klas Akesson - Submission (Rear Naked Choke)
- Alex Andrade def. Brandon McDowell - Submission (Ankle Lock)
- David Loiseau def. Freddie Espiricueta - Submission (Arm Triangle Choke)
- Chris Guillen def. Wes Sims - Decision (Unanimous)
Head over to Sherdog.com for a rull recap of the event.
Last Friday, UFC veteran Wes Sims, took the law into his own hands when he chased down a group of misfits who were attempting to rob a local gas station.
Yesterday Sims provided MMAWeekly Radio with a recap of the weekends event…
“Thursday night I was laying in bed and I heard some banging so I went outside and took a look but I didn’t see anything so I went back in and I thought it might just be the neighbours, domestic issues. But the people who live next door, they lay flooring so they have a couple of trucks they keep out by the road that are full of tools so I thought, “hey, someone might be breaking into their truck.” but that wasn’t the case.
So I went back in and layed down and I heard a big bang and glass break so I went out, looked out across the road and guys were down at the gas station breaking in. They were gonna rob the place until their plans were foiled by Wes Sims that is.
I called the police and told the police that there was some guys breaking in and they told me they had already received a call and they were on their way. I told the dispatch that these guys were on their way out of there so you know I don’t know what posessed me to take off but I hung my phone up and took off running after them.
I chased them down an alley and all of a sudden cops started coming up the alleys and they were all everywhere. I ran one guy down, caught one of them and the cop came running up to cuff him and well when the cop went to cuff him the guy was fighting and the cop said if he didn’t calm down he was going to mace him. Well Wes Sims wanted to see a good macing so he said, “Mace him! Mace him!” which turned out to be bad for all of us because I got mace, the guy got maced and the wind blew it back into the cops face too.
The guy took off running and had glasses on and the cop started chasing him but I had to clean my eyes out for a minute there because that was some nasty, nasty stuff. I saw the cop was chasing him so I took off running and was chasing behind then the officer had to stop because the mace was in his eyes real bad so the guy jumps over a fence and was running. He had nothing but socks and boxers on at this point because I had ripped his clothes off. I chased him down, got him in the dirt, slammed him off a fence, needless to say I’m not going to go into detail but let’s just say when the cops came up to cuff him, he needed service, not Wes Sims.”
Here is the actual story that appeared in the Lancaster Eagle-Gazette:
Four arrested after break-in
LANCASTER - Four people were arrested after an early Friday morning break-in of the Sunoco Gas Station, 534 N. Broad St.
Lancaster police officers responded at 1:44 a.m. to the gas station after a break-in was reported.
After arriving at the scene, an officer spotted four subjects running east in an alley behind the gas station.
The four arrested were Derek S. Clark, 18, of Bremen; John E. Mogan, 20, of Columbus; Matthew E. Mogan, 18, of Lancaster; and Joseph L. Chamberlain, 18, of Lancaster.
When it comes to battling Wes Sims, you cannot win. All four were caught and booked into the Fairfield County Jail.
- Joseph L. Chamberlain, 18, of Lancaster; booked at 6:08 a.m. Friday for breaking and entering. He was released at 7:24 p.m. Saturday.
- Matthew E. Mogan, 18, of Lancaster; booked at 5 a.m. Friday for breaking and entering.
- John E. Mogan, 20, of Columbus; booked at 4:45 a.m. Friday for breaking and entering.
- Derek S. Clark, 18, of Bremen; booked at 5:50 a.m. Friday for breaking and entering and obstructing official business. He was released at 11:03 a.m. Saturday.
Gracie Fighting Championships is back after postponing its Jan. 20th event at the American Airlines Arena in Miami. The event will now take place May 19th at the Jerome Schottenstein Center in Columbus, Ohio.
Headlining the card will be UFC veteran Wes “The Project” Sims and Jeff Monson. Also on the card will be grappling phenom Marcello Garcia, Thomas Denny, and Chris Brennen.
GFC Evolution Card
Jeff Monson vs. Wes Sims
Marcelo Garcia vs. Marcus Avellan
Chris Brennan vs. Adam Disabato
Dorian Price vs. Phil Cardella
Vinicius Magalhaes vs. George Bush
Ronaldo Souza vs. TBA
Thomas Denny vs. TBA
Daniel Moraes vs. TBA
Nissen Osterneck vs. TBA
News and Notes
- UFC veterans Wes “The Project” Sims and David Loiseau will appear on the upcoming Art of War 2 show May 11th in Austin, Texas.
- In a recent interview with TATAME, Pedro Rizzo, told the site that his next fight could be in June against Aleksander Emelianenko.
- Tito Ortiz was a no show yesterday for the weigh-ins for his bout with UFC president Dana White. White was on hand for the weigh-ins as he tipped the scales at 196 lbs. Once again the fight has been called off and this time the NSAC was unhappy with Ortiz as he wasted their staff’s time.
- PRIDE FC has added Zuluzinho vs. Butterbean and Gilbert Yvel vs. Volk Ataev to PRIDE 34: Kamikazie.
- After his victory last night at WEC 26: Las Vegas Urijah Faber called out “Kid” Yamamoto (15-1).
Here are the full results from Palace Fighting Championship 2.
- Darren Crisp def. Scott Brommage - KO (Kick)
- Mike Martinez def. Tommy Contreras - Decision (Unanimous)
- Mike Cook def. Scott Wimmer - KO
- Morris Aldaco def. Doug Hunt - TKO
- Jimmy Dexter def. Eli Moreno - TKO
- David Espinosa def. Ed Tomaselli - TKO
- Lamont Lister def. Rafael Real - Decision (Split)
- Richie Hightower def. Andy Maccarone - KO
- Vince Lucero def. Mike Dexter - KO
- Shawn Bias def. Giovanni Encarnacion - Submission (Guillotine Choke)
- Rani Yahya def. Louie Moreno - Submission (Guillotine Choke)
- Shad Smith def. Poppies Martinez - Submission (Guillotine Choke)
- Van Palacio N.C. Wes Sims - No Contest (Low Blow)
- Scott Smith def. Troy Miller - TKO
- Lodune Sincaid def. Kenny Ento - TKO
In just it’s second show; the Palace Fighting Championship is growing into one of the biggest, small shows in the country.
World Extreme Cagefighting veterans Wes Sims, Scott Smith and Lodune Sincaid will headline a 16-bout card on Thursday, March 22nd at the Tachi Palace Hotel and Casino in Lemoore.
“We are extremely excited to present the next installment of the Palace Fighting Championship. We have put together what we feel is a card that offers fight fans a little bit of everything, the lighter weight guys, some well publicized prospects really taking a step up in competition, notable guys like Wes Sims and Scott Smith who have fought in the highest level shows in the world. We’re very excited and can’t wait for March 22nd,” said Tachi Palace Hotel and Casino Entertainment Director Christian Printup.
Kevin Randleman’s Hammer House teammate Wes Sims has announced that Randleman was admitted into the hospital earlier this week with signs of kidney failure…
According to Randleman’s friend and training partner Wes Sims, Randleman was admitted to the hospital a few days ago and remains there today. Sims did not have much detailed information about Randleman’s condition, “He’s in the hospital, but I haven’t even been able to talk to him yet.” Sims did verify that it was a severe problem with his kidneys including some degree of failure.
It is not known if the kidney failure is life-threatening at this point. We will certainly be sure to pass along any new information we receive as soon as we get it…
Update 9:38 PM: MMA Universe is reporting that Randleman will now be making a full recovery as he has been taken off all medication and is now only on IV fluids to help him get rehydrated.