Here are the results from Shooto: Back to Our Roots.
- Atsushi Yamamoto def. Takeya Mizugaki - Decision (Unanimous)
- Koutetsu Boku def. Kenichiro Togashi - Draw
- Yusuke Endo def. Ganjo Tentsuku - Decision (Unanimous)
- Takeshi Inoue def. Hiroyuki Abe - KO (Punch)
- Akitoshi Tamura def. Tenkei Fujimiya - Decision (Unanimous)
- Takashi Nakakura def. Mizuto Hirota - Decision (Unanimous)
- Shinya Aoki def. Akira Kikuchi - Decision (Split)
News and Notes
- Mirko “Cro Cop” Filipovic will be facing Gabriel Gonzaga at UFC 70 in Manchester, England.
- ‘The Ultimate Fighter’ veterans Chris Leben and Kalib Starnes will clash in the octagon at some point in May.
- UFCJunkie.com is reporting that Team Jackson fighter Nathan Marquardt has been granted at title shot at UFC 72.
- In a recent article on Sherdog.com, Josh Gross reported that Brandon Vera’s final UFC fight will come against heavyweight prospect Jake O’Brien.
I do have it on good authority, though, that Vera will fight Jake O’Brien. All signs point to the UFC doing anything it can to leave a black mark on Vera as he appears headed in another direction.
DEEP: 28th Impact - 02/16/07
ROF 28: Evolution - 02/16/07
NAAFS: The Midwest Combat Challenge 2 - 02/17/07
CFC III: Combat Fighting Championship III - 02/17/07
GMC: Cage Force 2 - 02/17/07
Shooto: Professional Shoot 2007 - 02/17/07
News and Notes
- Rage in the Cage has announced the finalized card for their event this Saturday night…
Rich Beecroft vs Gilbert Aldana
Lars Haven vs Bryan Pardoe
David Valadez vs Billy Terry
Jason Harris vs Jeff Horlacher
William Diaz vs Joe Cronin
Jeremy Floyd vs Ray Robinson
Robert Meehan vs Danny Martinez
Lyle Tenfingers vs George Hartman
Jason Parent vs Mike Mada
Tomas Rodriguez vs Joe Martin
Omur Corr vs Mike Peterson
Nick Smith vs Austin Pascucci
Doug Moore vs Derithe Harper
Ty Gilstrap vs Adam Alband
- Duane Ludwig till take on Shinya Kamuzawa at Ring of Fire 28: Evolution on February 28th…
- Benji Radach is the newest member of the IFL’s Los Angeles Anacondas. He will be fighting at middleweight for coach Bas Rutten.
- Shooto World Welterweight Champion Tatsuyva Kawajiri relinquished his title yesterday after announcing he would be able to defend his belt at the next Shooto event on February 17th because of a broken left thumb.
Miami Herald: Ultimate Fighter 2 winner Rashad Evans to main event local UFC event
Sherdog: Clanging Cajones
News and Notes
- MMA journeyman Travis Fulton suffered a KO loss to the hands of former heavyweight contender Lou Savarese.
- Shinya Aoki will make his return to Shooto when he faces Akira Kikuchi in a rematch as he defends his Shooto 167-pound belt.
- UFC veteran Wes Sims will headline the March 22nd Palace Fighting card when he faces Anthony Fuller.
“I like this show. It’s a great setup,” Sims said. “For this being the first show, I’m very happy with the number of people here. If I had to rate this promotion on a scale of 1-10, I’d give it a 10 for a small show. If it keeps growing, I think it will be a great big show.”
- The WEC has announced that Versus will begin airing events in the summer. Versus will air three live fights and six one-hour highlight shows.
- NBCSports.com has added the UFC to their sports coverage.
Here are the results from Shooto: Champion Carnival.
- Yuki Konishi def. Yoshitaro Niimi - Decision (Unanimous)
- Akiyo Nishiura def. Daisuke Ishizawa - Decision (Unanimous)
- Ganjo Tentsuku def. Takashi Nakakura - Draw
- Ryota Matsune def. David Lejenas - Submission (Rear Naked Choke)
- Akira Kikuchi def. Ronald Jhun - Submission (Armbar)
- Takeshi Inoue def. Navid Yousefi - Submission (Rear Naked Choke)
- Shinya Aoki def. George Sotiropoulos - DQ (Groin Strike)
- Shinichi Kojima def. Mamoru Yamaguchi - Submission (Rear Naked Choke)
- Tatsuya Kawajiri def. Per Eklund - TKO (Punches)