News and Notes
- WEC featherweight Joe Pearson tested positive for marijuana following his Jan. 20th WEC title fight versus Urijah Faber.
- UFC welterweight champion Georges “Rush” St. Pierre has signed a new six-fight deal with the UFC. The deal will make St. Pierre one of the top paid fighters in the organization.
- For those of you interested, check out the latest edition of ‘Fight Opinion Radio’. This weeks show revolves around the upcoming IFL show as the bring on Stephen Quadros and fighter Clint Coronel. Also on the show is a recap of Ultimate Fight Night 8.
- Wrestling Observer released the bout order for UFC 67: All or Nothing…
UFC 67 line-up for Saturday in order:
Diego Saraieva vs. Dustin Hazelett
Frank Edgar vs. Tyson Griffin
Terry Martin vs. Jorge Rivera
Sam Hoger vs. Lyoto Machida
Patrick Cote vs. Scott “desperation punch” Smith
Marvin Eastman vs. Quinton Rampage Jackson
Eddie Sanchez vs. Mirko Cro Cop
John Halverson vs. Roger Huerta
Anderson Silva vs. Travis Lutter for the middelweight title
*Depending on how the show is going, they could reverse No. 3 and No. 4, which will happen if the first two matches don’t go the distance.
- Countdown to UFC 67: All or Nothing will air tonight at 11 PM EST on Spike TV.
- UK lightweight David Lee has confirmed that he’ll appear on the upcoming UFC card in Manchester, England.
Tyson Griffin has arrived! Highly touted lightweight prospect Tyson Griffin will be making his octagon debut against fellow UFC newcomer David Lee. Griffin sports a mixed martial arts record of 7-0 and he has TKO victories over Duane Ludwig and Urijah Faber.
Griffin’s opponent, David Lee sports a record of 5-1 with all of his victories coming by submission. The London, England native has really beat any notable names but being a purple belt in Brazilian jiu-jitsu, Lee should prove to be a tough task for the undefeated Griffin.