Aaron Stark

IFL Connecticut Weigh-In Results


Roy Nelson and Brad Imes weigh-in for their heavyweight title bout at tonight’s IFL event at the Mohegan Sun Arena in Uncasville, Connecticut. Photo courtesy of the International Fight League.

The official weigh-in results for tonight’s International Fight League event at the Mohegan Sun Arena in Uncasville, Connecticut are below. All fighters successfully made weight on their first try with the exception of Josh Souder, who needed only a few minutes to cut his extra weight.

The event will feature a total of three title bouts. IFL heavyweight champion Roy Nelson will defend his title against last-minute injury replacement Brad Imes, who was the heavyweight runner-up on the second season of “The Ultimate Fighter”.

IFL middleweight king Ryan McGivern will also take on New Jersey native Dan Miller and lightweight champion Ryan Schultz will make his second title defense against submission artist Deividas Taurosevicius.

Championship Fights:

Roy Nelson (264.2 lbs) vs. Brad Imes (249.2 lbs)
Ryan Schultz (154 lbs) vs. Deividas Taurosevicius (154 lbs)
Ryan McGivern (181.2 lbs) vs. Dan Miller (180.5 lbs) 

Non-Title Fights:

Matt Horwich (185.7 lbs) vs. Joey Guel (185.5 lbs)
Zac George (155.2 lbs) vs. Josh Souder (155.2 lbs)
Lamont Lister (205.2 lbs) vs. Aaron Stark (205.7 lbs)
John Franchi (155 lbs) vs. Frank Latina (152 lbs)
Nick Calandrino (170 lbs) vs. John Howard (170.5 lbs)
Mike Massenzio (185.2 lbs) vs. Danillo Villefort (184.7 lbs)

CKA: Feb 12, 2007

News and Notes

- Both Ryan Schultz and Aaron Stark of the Portland Wolfpack will not be able to compete at the team’s season debut on February 23rd according to coach Matt Lindland.

Schultz will miss the event because of a medical suspension he received from the Mohegan Sun Athletic Commission after his KO loss to Bart Palaszewski at the IFL Championship this past December. Ironically, the suspension will end the following day after the event. Ian Loveland will be Schultz’s replacement for the event.

Stark will also be out of action because of a rib injury. Taking his place will be John Krohn…

- Bob Sapp has signed with Cage Rage and caused a bit of a disturbance at the promotion’s event this past weekend:

It seems like every Cage Rage heavyweight wants a piece of Bob “The Beast” Sapp after the former NFL lineman-turned-fighter signed with the U.K based promotion earlier this week.

Yesterday, the names of two contenders were revealed.

After defeating MMA legend Dan Severn (78-15-7) in a lackluster performance last night, British boxer-come-mixed martial artist Dave Legeno (3-3-0) took the mic and voiced a verbal challenge to the self-described “ripped 400-pound monster.”

Upon hearing the challenge, Sapp rushed into the cage, pushing bystanders and media out of his way, until he stood face-to-face with Legeno, while the audience applauded in approval.

“I’ll sign the contract right now,” said Sapp. “I’ll take you on.”

Before Legeno could answer, another British heavyweight, Robert “Buzz” Berry (10-5-0), climbed over the fence and rushed Sapp, causing a commotion that escalated into a brief minute of chaos. When the dust settled, Berry was holding a microphone, challenging Sapp as well.

“I’ll take you both on,” Sapp told the two British heavyweights. “You’re both going down.”

Once the show resumed, Cage Rage promoters Andy Geer and Dave O’Donnell made a public announcement that “The Beast” will indeed face “an unnamed British heavyweight” at Cage Rage 21 in April.

- In a recent interview, professional wrestler Kurt Angle stated that he is currently in discussions with the UFC and Elite XC on a contract that would allow him to begin fighting later this year…

Recommended Reads

Sherdog: Monday Morning Reverie: How Do You Spell “Anticlimax”?